Aren’t we all used to get fast and quick solutions, do we not measure services by the amount of time it takes to deliver these services? This is the general trend now, in this fast moving world where everything is needed fast and quick because there is always something waiting next or something that cannot wait. People have professional commitments, personal obligations and in big cities there is usually a fast paced life that demands each of us to wear multiple hats. So, even when someone falls ill, one question is – how much time will it take to be fine? Because we all have miles to go before we sleep! Same with hair transplant, people are not only running short of time to care for their health or hair but also expect quick surgeries so that they can resume work fast and deliver on their professional or personal obligations. Hence, patients undergoing hair transplant surgery are commonly asking questions such as how much time will it take in the surgery ? When can I re-join my office? When can I start going out for personal obligations?
Hair transplant surgery is a day care surgery where the entire procedure can be concluded in a span of 4-8 hours depending on the complexity of the cases, however, if the number of grafts to be placed are higher or there is progressive hair loss then there could be multiple sittings to perform the procedure. The procedure is minimally invasive and involves four broad steps as below :
- Administration of Local anaesthesia to make the scalp numb
- Surgeon removes the healthy hair from the donor area
- Technicians prepare the removed grafts while surgeon prepares the recipient area
- Implantation of graft at the recipient area
Graft harvesting can be done either by cutting a thin strip of hair from the donor area or individually extracting each follicle and transplanting them, the choice of technique depends on the case and usually your surgeon shall be the best person to decide. Hence, it is important to try and find best hair transplant surgeon in India. Dr. Suneet Soni, the owner of Medispa Hair transplant clinic is extremely talented and crafty in various steps of the procedure right from choosing the right donor area, doing a perfect study of the case, doing a thorough diagnosis of the case and performing a meticulous and fine surgery. This is the reason that most of his past patients do not hesitate to refer Dr. Soni’s name to any one suffering from hair loss.
So, there are broadly two methods to harvest the hair graft :
- FUT (Follicular unit transplantations or strip technique):
It involves the removal of a thin part of the scalp in strip form followed by separating follicular grafts under magnification and then implantation of grafts at recipient area. Here the damage to grafts is less because the procedure is performed under high precision microscope.
- FUE (Follicular unit extraction):
It involves the extraction of individual ‘follicles” with the help of motorized or manual surgical device like a punch which are then implanted at the target site. It is a very fine and time taking process and the time taken in your case can be best advised by the surgeon
How long does a hair transplant take?
It depends on below:
- Extent of baldness: This actually impacts the Number of graft harvested and implanted and so the time varies on basis of the number of hair follicles required to cover the bald area. The time duration increase as the number of grafts required increases.
- Experience of the surgeon: An experienced hand will take lesser time and will give a clean procedure due to years of experience and expertise. If the end goal is good looking natural hair then, a superb surgeon is surely needed.
- Technique chosen: Depending on the graft harvesting technique, the duration of the procedure can take different times. If extracting hair follicles is performed by FUT it may take around 4-6 hours for extraction of 3500 grafts. However, in case of FUE which is almost a blind procedure and where grafts are extracted using a punch like device, the process takes longer around 6-8 hours.
In extreme baldness where Combination technique of FUT and FUE is used, the duration of surgery may go up to 7-9 hours.
“Medispa hair transplant centre” in Delhi and Jaipur is the ultimate solution for your hair loss problem. These Medispa clinics are designed with world class armamentarium being well equipped with new technology like maintaining world class operatory, ensuring excellent hygiene and safety standards, video assisted microscopes, graft segregation under high magnification and foreign make with all possible amenities. Hair transplant cost in India is extremely reasonable as compared to the west, it is almost 20-25%
Dr. Suneet soni has delivered more than 5000+ surgeries in terms of experience. He is also very calm and composed listener and is famous to perform surgeries in smallest possible time yet with ensuring the high quality of deliverable and this honesty reflects in his work!