When it comes to Hair Transplants, there are many questions that start to arise in a person’s mind. It is very normal to have questions or be concerned about how things actually work. There are two techniques of hair root extraction which are extensively used. Namely the follicular unit transplant (FUT) and the follicular unit extraction (FUE). The Follicular Unit Transplant is a technique which ensures that the hair roots become permanent in nature and focuses on strip harvesting from the sides and back of the scalp. Follicular Unit Transplant is known for the permanent and long-lasting impact of the hair root extraction and is preferred for being cost-effective. Let’s learn more in detail about the Follicular Unit Transplant so as to clear out the questions you might have had about it.
Why Choose Medispa for FUT Technique?
Medispa is known for Expert Surgeons, Versatile Experience, Quick and Long-Lasting Results, Perfection in Work and above all the Happily Satisfied Clients. The use of new and innovative technology and equipment in order to serve the clients with utmost care and a result-oriented procedure is something which has always kept Medispa way ahead of others offering similar services. The team of qualified and expert doctors who have not only got awards and honors nationally and internationally but have got recognition of performing in more than 3000 cases of Hair Transplants which involved FUT and FUE give an edge to Medispa over others. With thousands of happily satisfied clients all around the globe, Medispa continues to excel in the field of Hair Transplant and Laser and Cosmetic Surgeries.
What are the costs of FUT Hair Transplant Technique at Medispa?
The affordability of Follicular Unit Transplant is one of the major reasons for clients to choose this over others. The centers of Medispa in Jaipur and Delhi are known worldwide for the cost-effective FUT Hair Transplant Technique. It costs almost four times less at Medispa than what it costs in the USA or the European countries. FUT, in general, is also less costly than other techniques like FUE.
What is the Procedure of performing FUT Hair Transplant Technique
Follicular Unit Transplant uses a mechanism in which a strip of skin from the sides and back of the scalp is used for incision through a simple surgical step. A number of follicular units are excised in a longitudinal manner by incision and then the dissection of the strip is taken care of by the experts. The German microscopes are used for the higher magnification in order to dissect every single graft. The recipient part or the bald part is then implanted with the dissected follicular units. It all happens after a thorough checkup of eligibility for FUT and then the procedure is carried out under completely hygienic conditions along with proper precautionary measures.
Who are eligible for this?
- Patients with healthy supply as a donor
One of the most important factors to check for eligibility of a person for FUT is possession of a healthy supply as a donor. The donor part should be healthy which consists of the back and sides of the scalp for a better result-oriented procedure and the fulfillment of the cosmetic goal.
- Possesses Safe and Stable Donor Area
Obtaining permanent roots for the regrowth of hair is the main objective of FUT and it becomes essential that the grafts are obtained from a donor area which is stable and safe for the same. The donor area should have an abundant number of healthy hair roots for the procedure to begin.
- No Autoimmune Disorder
An autoimmune disorder where the metabolism of the human body is affected and the immune system behaves abnormally. The immune system in such a disorder tries to fight back mistakenly with the cells of the body itself. This results in the formation of small round and white patches all over the scalp and the hair loss in these patchy regions are prominent. A person with the same disorder cannot be treated with FUT as the hair loss is prominent in all the regions of the scalp. It is not a good idea to continue with FUT as it is impossible to harvest a healthy strip for graft extraction.
- Flexible Scalp
A flexible scalp promises a healthy and easier harvesting process. It is important for the scalp to be flexible because the graft extraction process demands flexibility in insertion for grafts. The people with loose scalp are the people who don’t have any problem at all, while an exceptionally tighter scalp can have a lot of problems. Exceptionally tight scalps are prohibited to be treated with FUT because of the problems and complications that might arise.
- Shouldn’t have DUPA
If the hair loss in a person is not distinct and the patter cannot be identified then it is highly unlikely to treat the person with the FUT technique. An unpatterned hair loss may result in the loss of hairline and crown and can affect the other areas of the scalp as well. It actually compromises the donor area and results in lack of healthy donor supply.
What are the precautions taken before and after the Follicular Unit Transplant?
- Alcohol should be completely avoided from at least 72 hours prior to the procedure to begin.
- It is advised to not smoke for at least three days after the procedure.
- Taking aspirin or any other thinner is completely prohibited before the initiation of the procedure as it may result in bleeding.
- It is advised to sleep with your head elevated after the procedure for a few days.
- For at least 2-3 weeks any kind of physical activity that can put a strain on the body should be completely avoided.
- Sex can be resumed right after the completion of 24 hours after the procedure.
- Gentle shampooing is advised.
- Direct contact of sunlight with the hair should be avoided for a few weeks and you can wear a hat or a cap for the same.
What are the Advantages of Follicular Unit Transplant over other Hair Transplant Techniques?
- Painless and Scarless Technique: FUT is a completely painless technique which leaves behind no scars.
- No Side Effects: Once you are done with the procedure you don’t need to worry at all as the FUT technique has no prospective side effects.
- Get more done in a single session: No matter if you have a larger area of baldness to treat, this technique has the capability of covering it in one session. Around 4000 grafts can be transplanted in a single session with the help of FUT technique.
- Negligible Graft damage rate: There is less than 1% graft damage which is seen in the FUT technique. The grafts are very carefully dissected by the expert surgeons and the rate of damage is almost negligible.
- Great Results with Highly Dense Hair Growth: FUT technique is known for giving good and satisfactory results. The growth of hair is highly dense and it is also known for permanent and long-lasting results.
- No effect on Donor Density: Multiple sessions can be taken for the extraction of the grafts from the donor region and yet no adverse effect of the same occurs. So, even if you have to go for more than two sessions, you don’t need to worry about it.