When it comes to hair transplants, there are two extensively used methods. The two methods are FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant). The technique of Follicular Unit Extraction utilizes a motorized punching machine and sometimes a manual punching machine so as to extract the essential number of grafts individually.
Why Choose Medispa for Follicular Unit Extraction Technique?
Now that people from all around the globe are coming to India for hair transplants as the best of equipment and surgeons are available here, Medispa Laser, Cosmetic and Hair Transplantation Center has become the epitome of success among all the other hair transplantation centers. With the World’s top Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Soni on the team, Medispa is doing wonders for people seeking hair transplantations. Medispa continues to stand out in the field of Hair Transplant and Laser and Cosmetic Surgeries, with thousands of satisfyingly happy clients all around the world. The utilization of latest and innovative technology and equipment so as to assist the patients with utmost care and a result-oriented method are a few things that have invariably kept Medispa being approached before others who are providing similar services. Medispa is known for proficient doctors, their all-around experience, prompt and lasting result-oriented methods, excellent work quality and especially the jubilantly satisfied clients. The team of equipped and expert surgeons who haven’t only got awards and honors across the nation and the world but have gotten attention for playing a vital role in 3000+ cases of Hair Transplants which utilized the techniques like FUT and FUE grants a hold to Medispa over others.
What are the costs of FUE Hair Transplant Technique at Medispa?
The cost of Follicular Unit Extraction Technique in hair transplants is relatively higher when compared to the Follicular Unit Transplant as the mechanism and the equipment used in the FUE are highly advanced. The random punching for the extraction of grafts results in a limited output because of the damage. The cost of FUE, when compared with other centers, comes out to be relatively less. The cost of the same in the US and the European countries is a lot higher than what it is at Medispa whereas the service provided is world class and the experts of Medispa are renowned and recognized individuals of their field.
What is the Procedure for performing Follicular Unit Extraction Hair Transplant Technique?
An instrument whose diameter is less than a millimeter extracts the hair follicles to punch them in the desired area of transplant in this technique of Follicular Unit Extraction. The donor area is treated with anesthesia in order to initiate the process and avoid any surgical pain to the person undergoing treatment. The next step involves the insertion of punch into the skin deep enough to reach the follicle roots. In the next step, the separation or dissection of the fatty tissue is carried out under high-resolution microscopes for better results. More often than not the direction or the angle of the growth is completely different on the two sides of the scalp. While the growth may seem to be on one side on the surface of the scalp, the inside of the scalp may be completely different. It is very crucial in order to avoid severe damage to the roots to maintain an appropriate angle while the process of punching is carried out. Follicular Unit Extraction is preferred for Body Hair Transplants as well which includes the eyebrow, mustache, and beard transplant. Dr. Suneet Soni is a genius in this field and in special cases recommends the patient to go for a mixture of these treatments which is FUT+FUE for a better outcome. In the absence of healthy donor area, he advises going for FUE hair transplant.
Who are eligible for Follicular Unit Extraction Technique?
- Any person with a condition which doesn’t allow the growth of hair naturally is eligible to go for FUE as long as the condition has been diagnosed.
- FUE is for the people above the age of 25 whose balding has stabilized that is they don’t lose any hair now.
- The people who went for medication but the loss of hair didn’t quite stop and now they have baldness.
- Any person who has lost hair as a side effect to some kind of treatment or cosmetic procedure or as a result of any trauma can go for FUE.
- People with a very less elasticity of scalp or the people who have an excessively tight scalp can go for FUE.
- As the donor area should be completely shaved off, in order for the procedure to begin, anyone who is ready for shaving their head can choose FUE.
- A good physical and mental stability of the person is necessary for the procedure to begin with in order to avoid any complications.
What are the precautions taken before and after the FUE Hair Transplant?
- Any supplements, alcohol, smoking and Vitamin A and B should be completely avoided from at least a week prior to the procedure to begin.
- Even after the procedure, it is advised to not smoke for at least the next 72 hours.
- Taking medication, antibiotics, aspirin or any other thinner should be completely avoided unless prescribed so by a physician before the initiation of the procedure. Usage of these may lead to bleeding from the scalp during the procedure.
- After the procedure, it is advised to sleep with your head kept elevated at an angle of 45 degrees from the base so as to maintain the flow of blood and reduce any swelling that might have occurred.
- Strenuous activities and exercises should be completely avoided for at least a period of 2-3 weeks after the completion of the procedure.
- Once the procedure is complete, you can resume your sex life after 24 hours of the completion of the procedure.
- The shampoo advised by the surgeon should be used and the frequency of your hair being washed should be also carried out as advised by the surgeon.
- It is advisable to wear a hat or a cap in order to avoid the direct contact of the hair/scalp with sunlight for the first few weeks after the completion of the procedure.
What are the Advantages of FUE over other Hair Transplant Technique?
- When there is a lesser number of follicles to be transplanted or the area of baldness is smaller the technique of Follicular Unit Extraction gives the best results.
- Follicular Unit Extraction is also best suitable for Body Hair Transplants where the transplantation of the eyebrows, eyelashes, beard, mustache, etc is to be carried out.
- When there is nonavailability of healthy donor supply from the scalp, the follicular unit extraction technique is preferred as the donor site for FUE includes the beard, chest, buttocks, thighs, etc.
- It is a solution for people looking for a transplant and have a very low elasticity of scalp and can’t go through Follicular Unit Transplant. For the people with a tighter scalp, Follicular Unit Extraction serves as the lifesaver.
- The best part about FUE is that it doesn’t require a larger area and can even be performed in a single room.
- Follicular Unit Extraction doesn’t require any kind of experience or expertise and can be even performed by the Doctors who are just starting their careers. It also doesn’t require many technicians for that matter.